Wednesday, March 21, 2012

25 Simple Ways to Stay Close to Your Teen


1.      Eat meals with them.

2.      Ask them about their day.

3.      Be there after school.

4.      Attend Parent Teacher Conferences

5.      Have Family game night.

6.      Be available for help with homework.

7.      Attend their sporting events.

8.      Take them to school.

9.      Be approachable.

10.  Serve the community as a family.

11.  Plant a garden together.

12.  Follow their interests.

13.  Volunteer at their school.

14.  Be their Facebook friend.

15.  Provide rides for their friends.

16.  Make their favorite meal.

17.  Do yard work together.

18.  Make holidays special.

19.  Send them a text message.

20.  Spa day.

21.  Show pride in their accomplishments.

22.  Play a video game with them.

23.  Maintain Family Traditions.

24.  Spend 15 minutes nightly reading a popular book.

25.  Hug them and say I love you!


~ Peggy and her teens brainstorming for reader question response.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I loved this post!
As I read through these simple ways to stay close to your teen I began to think you could replace teen with anyone! Spouse, sibling, friend, parent, etc.
I really liked your ideas and think I'm gonna try some out on my husband! Ha!
I think you made a good point to keep it simple, don't over think staying close to your teen, or any relationship in your life for that matter. All it takes is a little time and effort.

Up All Night said...

Cheryl R
Play a video game with them? Could I do that? I might explode!

Maybe I'll give it a try. It would shock them so much that maybe it would change their lives for the better. My son might not be so afraid of marriage.

I'll try the other ideas, too. Maybe we'll plant a family garden.